Premier Tim Houston and Community Services Minister Brendan Maguire. THE CANADIAN PRESS Keith Doucette CANADAHALIFAX news N.S. Government extends lease for Dartmouth hotel being used as shelter by admin 7 مارس، 2024 written by admin 7 مارس، 2024 337 By CityNews Halifax Staff The province has signed a lease extension for the Dartmouth hotel being used a shelter. The Department of Community Services says the extended lease at The Bridge will run from April 1 until March 31, 2025. Government is spending $19 million on the lease and operation funding for service providers, security and food. “This is a great example of how an innovative model can successfully support vulnerable Nova Scotians,” said Community Services Minister Brendan Maguire. “Since The Bridge opened last May, 42 people have advanced to housing options including a mix of private, non-profit and public housing. This is the system working.” The Bridge opened last year and has provided shelter for about 185 people experiencing homelessness. In addition, the province says there have been more than 1,900 visits to the on-site health clinic. 0 comment 0 FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail admin previous post Two adults, four children found dead in Barrhaven, homicide unit investigating next post Man charged following robbery, assault at Lower Sackville hardware store You may also like World Cup trophy tour comes to Halifax 23 مايو، 2026 Halifax police warn public to watch their drinks... 23 مايو، 2026 كارني يدعو سكان ألبرتا إلى ’’تجديد‘‘ كندا معه 23 مايو، 2026 الفرنكفونية كمحفّز لتطوير الأعمال بين تونس وكندا 23 مايو، 2026 أناند تقول إنّ كنديين تعرّضوا لـ’’انتهاكات مروّعة‘‘ من... 23 مايو، 2026 Alderney service back to reduced schedule three days... 22 مايو، 2026 Gas prices to change again as interrupter is... 22 مايو، 2026 First-degree murder charge laid in case of missing... 22 مايو، 2026 N.S. resort is the latest using high-tech blankets... 22 مايو، 2026 Drugs and weapons seized at a home in... 22 مايو، 2026