5 former world junior hockey players charged with sexual assault choose jury trial – CANADA VOICE
الخميس, أغسطس 20, 2026
الخميس, أغسطس 20, 2026
Home CANADA 5 former world junior hockey players charged with sexual assault choose jury trial

5 former world junior hockey players charged with sexual assault choose jury trial

by admin

CITYnews halifax / By The Canadian Press

Five former members of Canada’s world junior hockey team who are charged with sexual assault in a 2018 incident in London, Ont., have chosen to be tried by a jury.

Dillon Dube, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Cal Foote and Alex Formenton were charged with sexual assault last month. McLeod is also facing an additional charge of sexual assault for “being a party to the offence.”

In a joint statement, their lawyers said the five players selected a jury trial earlier this week and are “confident that jurors drawn from the community will decide this case fairly and impartially after hearing all the evidence and testimony.”

The charges in the case relate to an alleged incident at a hotel in London in June 2018, after members of the world junior team celebrated a gold-medal win.

The investigation was initially closed without charges in 2019 but it was reopened in 2022. London’s police chief apologized to the complainant earlier this month for the delay in laying charges in the case.

Jury trials are available to those accused of the most serious crimes, known as indictable offences, such as murder. They may also be an option for those accused of so-called hybrid offences, such as sexual assault.

The case is due back in court April 30.

The NHL, which conducted its own parallel investigation, has said it will wait for the judicial proceedings to play out before taking any other steps. Hart, McLeod, Foote and Dube are each on a leave of absence from his respective team, and all are set to be free agents after this season.

Because of that, Commissioner Gary Bettman said the league is content to let the players be paid for the remainder of the season while away and their contracts expire, rather than issue suspensions.

“At this stage, the most responsible and prudent thing for us to do is await the conclusion of the judicial proceedings, at which point we will respond as appropriate at the time,” Bettman said in early February at All-Star Weekend in Toronto.

You may also like

Editor-in-Chief: Nabil El-bkaili

CANADAVOICE is a free website  officially registered in NS / Canada.

 We are talking about CANADA'S international relations and their repercussions on

peace in the world.

 We care about matters related to asylum ,  refugees , immigration and their role in the development of CANADA.

We care about the economic and Culture movement and living in CANADA and the economic activity and its development in NOVA  SCOTIA and all Canadian provinces.

 CANADA VOICE is THE VOICE OF CANADA to the world

Published By : 4381689 CANADA VOICE EPUBLISHING NEWS - MEDIA WEBSITE

Tegistry id 438173 NS-HALIFAX

1013-5565 Nora Bernard str B3K 5K9  NS - Halifax  Canada

1 902 2217137 –

Email: nelbkaili@yahoo.com 

 

TOP NEWS

الإعلام الإسرائيلي يكشف ملامح صفقة الأسرى والهدنة

by admin

توصية أميركية بحصول كبار السن على جرعة أخرى من لقاحات كورونا

by admin

اتفاق محتمل للأطراف الليبية يهدد مصير حكومة الدبيبة

by admin

زاو ووكي فنان التجليات البصرية الروحية

by admin

لماذا لا تدرّس الجامعات العربية علم الجمال؟

by admin

حملة لـ”كسر الصمت” حيال التحرش داخل أماكن العمل في الأردن

by admin

الجراحة الروبوتية ثورة في عالم الطب تبشر ببزوغ عصر جديد

by admin

عودة ثنائية “دي بروين – هالاند” الأكثر رعبا في أوروبا

by admin

زيدان على رأس أهداف مالك مانشستر يونايتد الجديد لخلافة تن هاغ

by admin

Retour du visa pour les visiteurs mexicains au Canada

by admin
Facebook Twitter Youtube
Editor-in-Chief : Nabil El-bkaili