Halifax Infirmary CANADAHALIFAX news Some surgeries being rescheduled after water main break at Halifax Infirmary by admin 3 أبريل، 2024 written by admin 3 أبريل، 2024 198 CITYnews halifax / By Mark Hodgins Nova Scotia Health says a “significant water event” at the QEII’s Halifax Infirmary site is creating big problems at the hospital. In a release, NSH said a broken water main line resulted in the loss of water and steam for all buildings on that campus – the Halifax Infirmary, Veterans Memorial Building and Abbie J. Lane. “There is currently no running water for flushing toilets or drinking. Hand sanitizer is available and we are working to bring in drinking water and portable hand-washing stations/washrooms to as soon as possible,” the release read. The hospital says all elective and non-urgent surgeries and procedures at the site are being cancelled and rescheduled. “The emergency department is open but patients without emergency concerns are asked to visit another emergency department or virtual/community access point,” it said. In an email to CityNews, Nova Scotia Health spokesperson Carla Adams said the water main was expected to be fixed today. “A repair plan is underway for the broken pipe at the steam plant and water will be brought back online this evening. That will allow for regular operations but the water will not be drinkable for 24+ hours as a precaution,” Adams wrote.” Adams said some appointments had been moved as of 5 p.m. Wednesday, and some ambulances were sent from the ED to Dartmouth General. Water was being delivered to inpatient units for drinking and portable washrooms had been delivered to building entrances. Final numbers on cancelled surgeries were expected by Thursday morning. 0 comment 0 FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail admin previous post ‘Starlight tour’: Mi’kmaq fisher allegedly dumped without boots or phone feared death next post رحيل مجدد الأغنية العراقية كوكب حمزة بعيداً عن وطنه You may also like ستة كنديين بين الناشطين الذين أوقفتهم إسرائيل قبالة... 18 مايو، 2026 Province puts aside money to ensure affordable housing... 18 مايو، 2026 Ottawa still pledging to double construction pace despite... 18 مايو، 2026 Tides FC looks for rebound win in Victoria... 18 مايو، 2026 U.S. says it’s pausing long-standing military board with... 18 مايو، 2026 THREE HRM restaurants make country’s top 100 outdoor... 18 مايو، 2026 معرض الكتاب العربي الكندي يحط رحاله في مدينة... 18 مايو، 2026 أوتاوا تعمل على تعزيز العلاقات مع دول الخليج... 18 مايو، 2026 نتيجة ’’أولية‘‘ إيجابية في اختبار فيروس هانتا لأحد... 18 مايو، 2026 نحوٌ من 200 دبلوماسي كندي سابق يطالبون بعقوبات... 16 مايو، 2026