A man from Nova Scotia is facing multiple child pornography charges following an investigation involving police in both Canada and the United States. The RCMP logo is seen at a news conference, in St. John's, on June 24, 2023. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Adrian Wyld CANADAHALIFAX news Nova Scotia man facing multiple child porn charges after Canada-U.S. investigation by admin 20 ديسمبر، 2024 written by admin 20 ديسمبر، 2024 400 CITYnews halifax / By The Canadian Press HALIFAX — A man from Nova Scotia is to appear in court in January on multiple child pornography charges following an investigation involving police in both Canada and the United States. Twenty-six-year-old Bryce Melanson allegedly travelled to the U.S. to meet a youth for sex, and was arrested on March 7 after police searched his home in Springhill, N.S., about 115 kilometres northwest of Halifax. He was charged with luring a child, possession of child pornography, and making sexually explicit material available to a child. The RCMP say U.S. authorities told them that Melanson then broke his conditions by continuing to communicate with the youth victim, and as a result was charged with more crimes, including uttering threats and criminal harassment. Melanson was detained and then released on June 7, but RCMP say that he broke his conditions again and was arrested on Dec. 11 on more child pornography charges. He has been detained since then and is scheduled to appear in Amherst provincial court on Jan. 28. “Over the last year we have worked closely with Homeland Security Investigations, the New York State Police, and a social media platform to gather evidence and move our files forward,” Nova Scotia RCMP Const. Mandy Edwards said in a news release. “We rely on our partnerships across the country and internationally to identify the people who produce and distribute child pornography and to get child victims the help they need from police and support resources.” This report by The Canadian Press was first published Dec. 19, 2024. The Canadian Press 0 comment 0 FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail admin previous post تيسيرات مصرية جديدة لزيادة تحويلات المغتربين next post Weekend snow has Nova Scotians dreaming of a white Christmas You may also like Last call will be pushed later in Ontario... 20 مايو، 2026 Todd Blanche grilled over Trump administration’s $1.8B ’anti-weaponization’... 20 مايو، 2026 San Diego mosque shooters met online and shared... 20 مايو، 2026 Amid deadly Ebola outbreak in Congo and Uganda,... 20 مايو، 2026 Montreal F1 stripper strike part of fight to... 20 مايو، 2026 كارني يقلّل من أهمية تعليق واشنطن عمل هيئة... 20 مايو، 2026 Retrait des États-Unis d’un comité de défense :... 20 مايو، 2026 Robert K. Irving est mort 20 مايو، 2026 Google lance Gemini Spark, son agent IA personnel 20 مايو، 2026 armes 24 à feu des États-Unis saisies près... 20 مايو، 2026