CANADAHALIFAX news N.S. has so far welcomed 63 asylum seekers who entered Canada through Quebec by admin 2 مارس، 2023 written by admin 2 مارس، 2023 137 HALIFAX — Nova Scotia’s immigration minister says the province has so far welcomed 63 asylum seekers who arrived in the country through an irregular border crossing in Quebec. CITYnews halifax \ Canadian Press Listen to this article HALIFAX — Nova Scotia’s immigration minister says the province has so far welcomed 63 asylum seekers who arrived in the country through an irregular border crossing in Quebec. A spokesperson for Immigration Minister Jill Balser says Nova Scotia is working closely with the federal government on accommodations, settlement needs and work permits for the asylum seekers. It’s not clear where these 63 people are staying in Nova Scotia or how many more the province is willing to accept. All four Atlantic premiers have expressed openness to bringing in some of the would-be refugees who are crossing into southern Quebec from the United States at the irregular border crossing at Roxham Road. Quebec Premier François Legault has pleaded with Ottawa to transfer to other provinces some of the tens of thousands of would-be refugees who have arrived in the province through that route. To date, New Brunswick’s Immigration Department says 18 asylum seekers have arrived in the province. The federal government has reported more than 39,000 people claimed asylum in Quebec in 2022 after crossing into Canada outside official ports of entry, mostly through Roxham Road. This report by The Canadian Press was first published March 2, 2023. — This story was produced with the financial assistance of the Meta and Canadian Press News Fellowship. The Canadian Press 0 comment 0 FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail admin previous post Court reduces sentence for Moncton Mountie killer Justin Bourque next post المغربية ثريا الحضراوي حملت فن الملحون إلى العالم You may also like Last call will be pushed later in Ontario... 20 مايو، 2026 Todd Blanche grilled over Trump administration’s $1.8B ’anti-weaponization’... 20 مايو، 2026 San Diego mosque shooters met online and shared... 20 مايو، 2026 Amid deadly Ebola outbreak in Congo and Uganda,... 20 مايو، 2026 Montreal F1 stripper strike part of fight to... 20 مايو، 2026 كارني يقلّل من أهمية تعليق واشنطن عمل هيئة... 20 مايو، 2026 Retrait des États-Unis d’un comité de défense :... 20 مايو، 2026 Robert K. Irving est mort 20 مايو، 2026 Google lance Gemini Spark, son agent IA personnel 20 مايو، 2026 armes 24 à feu des États-Unis saisies près... 20 مايو، 2026