Cogswell Park encampment is one of nine designated by the city allowing tenting. (Google Maps) CANADAHALIFAX news Most people vacated from Cogswell Park encampment, HRM says by admin 25 سبتمبر، 2025 written by admin 25 سبتمبر، 2025 117 CITYnews halifax / By Chris Halef The municipality says most of the people who were sheltering at Cogswell Park have left the site. In a statement, Halifax Regional Municipality said as of 9 a.m. on Wednesday, there were 10 people still sheltering at the site, but with help from housing and homelessness staff, all but one had vacated. “Municipal staff are continuing to work with the province and their service providers to provide this person with resources and supports for them to accept an indoor option,” the statement said. According to the city, this area has been partially fenced to enable staff and contractors to begin cleanup of the site. Due to the heavy use of the area as a designated location, it will need to be remediated. Related: Grappling with homelessness means figuring out what is affordable: Expert N.S. was aiming for 500 hosts on the home-sharing program that resulted in 60 leases Nova Scotia government promises to help Halifax tenants without power for two weeks Back in August, the municipality announced that Cogswell Park had been de-designated as a location where people can shelter due to its proximity to a new adult care facility. At the time, 11 people were sheltering at the park and were given until this past Sunday to relocate to an indoor option. Meantime, as of Sept. 19, municipal housing and homelessness staff determined that there were 78 tents and four trailers in HRM’s three remaining designated locations. 0 comment 0 FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail admin previous post كارني يتوقّع تعمّق الحوار مع الصين بعد محادثات ’’بنّاءة‘‘ مع لي next post كلوديا كاردينالي جسدت صورة الممثلة العالمية بامتياز You may also like أوتاوا تعمل على تعزيز العلاقات مع دول الخليج... 18 مايو، 2026 نتيجة ’’أولية‘‘ إيجابية في اختبار فيروس هانتا لأحد... 18 مايو، 2026 نحوٌ من 200 دبلوماسي كندي سابق يطالبون بعقوبات... 16 مايو، 2026 France rejects plan to send its last two... 16 مايو، 2026 Macdonald Bridge to close Sunday morning for Bluenose... 16 مايو، 2026 Canadian isolating in B.C. tests “presumptive positive” for... 16 مايو، 2026 Canadian wineries say scrapping provincial trade barriers would... 16 مايو، 2026 Kirst’s six-point outing leads Rock past Thunderbirds in... 16 مايو، 2026 Carney, Smith reach energy agreement that could see... 15 مايو، 2026 Why the U.S. is noticing this Canadian security... 15 مايو، 2026