Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital is shown in Fredericton, on Thursday, July 14, 2022. THE CANADIAN PRESS_Kevin Bissett CANADAHALIFAX news Family of New Brunswick man who died in hospital emergency room settles lawsuit by admin 13 نوفمبر، 2025 written by admin 13 نوفمبر، 2025 76 CITYnews halifax / By The Canadian Press FREDERICTON — The family of a 78-year-old man who died after waiting seven hours for care in a Fredericton hospital has settled a legal action they filed against the province’s health authority. Darrell Mesheau’s family filed a statement of claim against Horizon Health Network and two nurses, alleging Mesheau died because of “reckless and outrageous acts and omissions,” but the allegations were never tested in court. In a statement of defence, Horizon and the nurses denied there was any negligence, saying they used reasonable skills and due care when caring for Mesheau. The retired diplomat arrived in an ambulance at the Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital on July 11, 2022, and about seven hours later a nurse found him in the waiting room, unresponsive and slumped in a wheelchair. A coroner’s inquest in April 2024 found Mesheau died from heart failure. His death prompted a widespread public outcry and a shakeup of the province’s health-care leadership. Earlier this week, Mesheau’s son Ryan released a statement saying a resolution in the case had been reached, but he did not share any details about the settlement. Ryan Mesheau says he and his family will continue to fight for changes to the provinces’ Fatal Accidents Act, and he also committed to establishing a scholarship for nursing students at the University of New Brunswick. This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 13, 2025. The Canadian Press 0 comment 0 FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail admin previous post فورد يقول إنّ أبواب أونتاريو مفتوحة أمام أطباء كيبيك وسواهم next post Tariff tensions don’t stop annual Christmas tree gift from Nova Scotia to Boston You may also like Le CRTC force les diffuseurs en ligne à... 22 مايو، 2026 Danielle Smith prête à plus de concessions pour... 22 مايو، 2026 , 20ans100 M$ et toujours pas de base... 22 مايو، 2026 Le nombre de femmes incarcérées a doublé dans... 22 مايو، 2026 « Flottille pour Gaza » : Israël a... 22 مايو، 2026 أفراد أسطول غزة الكنديون في أمان وغادروا إسرائيل... 21 مايو، 2026 فيروس إيبولا يتسبّب بهبوط طائرة ركاب مساء أمس... 21 مايو، 2026 Wildfire in Lake Echo brought under control 21 مايو، 2026 RCMP watchdog says police mishandled every part of... 21 مايو، 2026 Officials forecast below-average hurricane season, but stress ‘it... 21 مايو، 2026