An exam room is seen at a health clinic. (THE CANADIAN PRESS_Jeff McIntosh) THE CANADIAN PRESS CANADAHALIFAX news Family doctor waitlist numbers drop, Nova Scotia Health reports by admin 7 يناير، 2025 written by admin 7 يناير، 2025 484 CITYnews halifax / By Dan Ahlstrand The province is reporting just over 9,000 names have been removed from the list of Nova Scotians waiting for a family doctor. The new data released by Nova Scotia Health on Tuesday showed 110,456 people who are in need of a doctor. The January numbers are down by about 9,200 from the numbers released at the beginning of December, but still represent about 10 per cent of the current population of Nova Scotia. Related: Health-care spending expected to outpace economy and reach $372 billion in 2024: CIHI Do weighted blankets help you sleep better? Here’s what to know Taylor Farms brand Sweet Kale Chopped Kit recalled due to salmonella risk Nova Scotia Health says the people removed over the last month were either attached to a doctor or removed due to ongoing validation work. The next scheduled update to the list is set for early in February. The health authority noted that the wait list has been decreasing over the last several months — a drop the premier credits to programs aimed at reducing the doctor shortage. However, the numbers are still far higher than the summer of 2022 — after the Progressive Conservatives took office — when there were slightly more than 100,000 people seeking to be attached to a doctor or other family care practitioner. Karen Oldfield, chief executive of Nova Scotia Health, previously said in a news release the organization is “cautiously optimistic” the downward trend will continue in the number of people waiting for doctors. She credited the drop to ongoing recruitment efforts, including the creation of an assessment centre to help certify foreign-trained doctors more quickly. 0 comment 0 FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail admin previous post Man in his 70s killed at crosswalk; HRP issue ticket to driver next post Halifax police look for missing 35-year-old man last seen New Year’s Eve You may also like ستة كنديين بين الناشطين الذين أوقفتهم إسرائيل قبالة... 18 مايو، 2026 Province puts aside money to ensure affordable housing... 18 مايو، 2026 Ottawa still pledging to double construction pace despite... 18 مايو، 2026 Tides FC looks for rebound win in Victoria... 18 مايو، 2026 U.S. says it’s pausing long-standing military board with... 18 مايو، 2026 THREE HRM restaurants make country’s top 100 outdoor... 18 مايو، 2026 معرض الكتاب العربي الكندي يحط رحاله في مدينة... 18 مايو، 2026 أوتاوا تعمل على تعزيز العلاقات مع دول الخليج... 18 مايو، 2026 نتيجة ’’أولية‘‘ إيجابية في اختبار فيروس هانتا لأحد... 18 مايو، 2026 نحوٌ من 200 دبلوماسي كندي سابق يطالبون بعقوبات... 16 مايو، 2026