The Nova Scotia Power headquarters is seen in Halifax on Thursday, Nov. 29, 2018. THE CANADIAN PRESS_Andrew Vaughan CANADAHALIFAX news Energy Board still combing over N.S. Power cybersecurity breach by admin 29 ديسمبر، 2025 written by admin 29 ديسمبر، 2025 118 CITYnews halifax / By Mark Hodgins The Nova Scotia Energy Board continues to pour over a recently-released incident report looking into Nova Scotia Power’s cyber security breach. The Board says it got access to the report last week, having set a deadline of Dec. 31 for the submission from the province’s energy utility. The Board says Nova Scotia Power has asked for some of the information in the report to be kept condfidential, adding it will be reviewing the report and making a determination on that request, As for now, it has released a public version of the report with redactions. The 43-page report outlines the utility’s response to the breach. Related: Premier calls for investigation into Nova Scotia Power over handling of cyberattack Impact of cyberattack on Nova Scotia Power could be bigger than first thought NSP confirms wider data breach, offers all customers five years of credit monitoring Nova Scotia Power says that response, including containment, remediation and investigation, was “effective and executed in a very timely and highly coordinated matter.” The utility also says while it recognizes the potential impact on customers, it has no information that customer data has been misused or that there is evidence of financial harm. Nova Scotia Power’s report also says 75 per cent of smart meters have been reconnected, and that it is expecting to have all reconnected by the end of March. The utility also says, any social insurance numbers not required for tax reporting purposes will be deleted by March 31. 0 comment 0 FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail admin previous post Police say woman seriously hurt in head-on collision next post Man charged with impaired driving after weekend fatal crash in Dartmouth You may also like نحوٌ من 200 دبلوماسي كندي سابق يطالبون بعقوبات... 16 مايو، 2026 France rejects plan to send its last two... 16 مايو، 2026 Macdonald Bridge to close Sunday morning for Bluenose... 16 مايو، 2026 Canadian isolating in B.C. tests “presumptive positive” for... 16 مايو، 2026 Canadian wineries say scrapping provincial trade barriers would... 16 مايو، 2026 Kirst’s six-point outing leads Rock past Thunderbirds in... 16 مايو، 2026 Carney, Smith reach energy agreement that could see... 15 مايو، 2026 Why the U.S. is noticing this Canadian security... 15 مايو، 2026 Supreme Court rules intimate partner violence can be... 15 مايو، 2026 Why a song contest has emerged as Europe’s... 15 مايو، 2026