The RCMP logo is seen outside Royal Canadian Mounted Police Division Headquarters, in Surrey, B.C., on Friday April 13, 2018. THE CANADIAN PRESS_Darryl Dyck CANADAHALIFAX news Child pulled into water-filled ditch dies after flash floods in Wolfville by admin 13 يوليو، 2024 written by admin 13 يوليو، 2024 196 CITYnews halifax / By Mark Hodgins A youth has been found dead after Thursday night’s flash flooding in Kings County and other communities in Nova Scotia, the RCMP said. Police are not releasing the age of the youth who was pulled into a water-filled ditch at a park on Highland Avenue in Wolfville, N.S. around 7:40 p.m. At a press conference on Friday, Staff Sergeant Ed Nugent said the youth and three friends had been playing at the park when the flooding happened. Search and rescue teams deployed efforts by diverting the drainage system from the ditch. At 11:30 p.m. crews found the remains of the youth. Related: Flash flooding reported in Nova Scotia after heavy rain from thunderstorms Heavy rain causes devastation to area of N.S. still recovering from flooding last year Hurricane Beryl’s remnants bring rainfall warnings for Ontario and Quebec “This is something that’s completely unimaginable,” Premier Tim Houston said at a press conference on Friday. “It’s incredibly devastating. There is tremendous infrastructure damage throughout the valley. That will be rebuilt but none of that will replace the loss of a young life that’s been lost here.” Wolfville Mayor Wendy Donovan said that the devastation from the floods this year and last year are a first for the community. “The weather events in our communities that we experience this year and last year and a few years ago are beyond anything that I think most of us have ever experienced before,” she said. “Responding to them will take all of us as we anticipate and respond to this new normal.” With files from CityNews Halifax’s Natasha O’Neill. 0 comment 0 FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail admin previous post 2 bodies found on the shore of Sable Island: Multi-agency response next post «آبل» تحذر مستخدمي أجهزة «آيفون» من هجمات برامج التجسس You may also like World Cup trophy tour comes to Halifax 23 مايو، 2026 Halifax police warn public to watch their drinks... 23 مايو، 2026 كارني يدعو سكان ألبرتا إلى ’’تجديد‘‘ كندا معه 23 مايو، 2026 الفرنكفونية كمحفّز لتطوير الأعمال بين تونس وكندا 23 مايو، 2026 أناند تقول إنّ كنديين تعرّضوا لـ’’انتهاكات مروّعة‘‘ من... 23 مايو، 2026 Alderney service back to reduced schedule three days... 22 مايو، 2026 Gas prices to change again as interrupter is... 22 مايو، 2026 First-degree murder charge laid in case of missing... 22 مايو، 2026 N.S. resort is the latest using high-tech blankets... 22 مايو، 2026 Drugs and weapons seized at a home in... 22 مايو، 2026