RCMP cruiser can be seen in this file photo. (CityNews Halifax_ Meghan Groff) CANADAHALIFAX news Charges dropped against two youths in hockey hazing investigation by admin 28 فبراير، 2026 written by admin 28 فبراير، 2026 65 CITYnews halifax / By Mark Hodgins The RCMP is updating its investigation into a hockey hazing incident in the Truro area. In early February, the Mounties announced the arrests of four youths in connection with a sexual assault investigation in Colchester County. Police said that the investigation began after a youth reported an assault during a team event in October 2025. “Based on the investigation, we won’t be moving forward with charges against two of four youths arrested,” RCMP S/Sgt. Marc Rose said in a media release on Friday. The RCMP proceeded with formally charging the other two youths arrested this week. One has been charged with sexual assault with a weapon and sexual assault, and the other faces charges of sexual assault with a weapon, sexual assault and assault with a weapon. On Feb. 5, the provincial hockey governing body said it first learned about an allegation involving a minor on Jan. 30. Related: Two youths formally charged with sexual assault in Nova Scotia after hockey hazing Accusations against Nova Scotia hockey players prompt scrutiny of hazing Three Nova Scotia youths on hockey team face sexual assault charges after hazing Hockey Nova Scotia has said it immediately referred the matter to the RCMP. As well, the hockey organization confirmed a youth team in the Truro area had been suspended. Officers in Colchester County said they collected statements from multiple witnesses, which led to new allegations indicating other offences had occurred at different locations involving more victims. The Mounties say it’s believed there may be other victims who have no yet come forward, and say anyone who has been a victim will be heard and supported through the process. With files from Michael MacDonald, The Canadian Press 0 comment 0 FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail admin previous post Labour board investigation finds no violations in 2024 Walmart oven death next post First Nation chiefs say Nova Scotia budget cuts appear targeted at Mi’kmaw programs You may also like نحوٌ من 200 دبلوماسي كندي سابق يطالبون بعقوبات... 16 مايو، 2026 France rejects plan to send its last two... 16 مايو، 2026 Macdonald Bridge to close Sunday morning for Bluenose... 16 مايو، 2026 Canadian isolating in B.C. tests “presumptive positive” for... 16 مايو، 2026 Canadian wineries say scrapping provincial trade barriers would... 16 مايو، 2026 Kirst’s six-point outing leads Rock past Thunderbirds in... 16 مايو، 2026 Carney, Smith reach energy agreement that could see... 15 مايو، 2026 Why the U.S. is noticing this Canadian security... 15 مايو، 2026 Supreme Court rules intimate partner violence can be... 15 مايو، 2026 Why a song contest has emerged as Europe’s... 15 مايو، 2026