CANADAHALIFAX news Atlantic provinces sign on to bilateral health-care funding deals with Ottawa by admin 24 فبراير، 2023 written by admin 24 فبراير، 2023 94 The Nova Scotia government confirmed today it has signed a bilateral health-care deal with Ottawa worth an additional $1 billion over the next 10 years CITYnews halifax \ Canadian Press Listen to this article HALIFAX — The Nova Scotia government confirmed today it has signed a bilateral health-care deal with Ottawa worth an additional $1 billion over the next 10 years. The province issued a statement saying the money will be used to improve Nova Scotians’ access to primary and mental health care, support health-care workers and adopt new technology. The funding is part of a $198.6-billion investment by the federal government to improve health-care services for Canadians, including $46.2 billion in new funding announced earlier this month. Earlier in the day, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was in Halifax, where he announced bilateral deals had been reached with all four Atlantic provinces and Ontario. Prince Edward Island’s deal is worth $996 million, including $288 million in a one-on-one agreement. Nova Scotia Premier Tim Houston says the agreement in principle will help residents receive health services, no matter where they live. He says the money will also be used to improve electronic health records and increase access to mental health and addictions services. Nova Scotia Health Minister Michelle Thompson issued a statement saying Nova Scotians need more care, faster. “Nova Scotians deserve a health-care system that is there for them when they need it,” she said. “That means more people working in the system, more ways to get care, and the technology to help our busy health-care teams. We look forward to working with our federal partners toward these shared goals.” This report by The Canadian Press was first published Feb. 23, 2023. The Canadian Press 0 comment 0 FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail admin previous post عن #محترف_أوكسجين_للنشر : “جيشٌ من رجلٍ واحد” جديد الشاعر عبدالله الرّيامي next post Police investigate suspicious fire at Walmart You may also like ستة كنديين بين الناشطين الذين أوقفتهم إسرائيل قبالة... 18 مايو، 2026 Province puts aside money to ensure affordable housing... 18 مايو، 2026 Ottawa still pledging to double construction pace despite... 18 مايو، 2026 Tides FC looks for rebound win in Victoria... 18 مايو، 2026 U.S. says it’s pausing long-standing military board with... 18 مايو، 2026 THREE HRM restaurants make country’s top 100 outdoor... 18 مايو، 2026 معرض الكتاب العربي الكندي يحط رحاله في مدينة... 18 مايو، 2026 أوتاوا تعمل على تعزيز العلاقات مع دول الخليج... 18 مايو، 2026 نتيجة ’’أولية‘‘ إيجابية في اختبار فيروس هانتا لأحد... 18 مايو، 2026 نحوٌ من 200 دبلوماسي كندي سابق يطالبون بعقوبات... 16 مايو، 2026