CANADAHALIFAX news Court reduces sentence for Moncton Mountie killer Justin Bourque by admin 2 مارس، 2023 written by admin 2 مارس، 2023 34 FREDERICTON — A court has reduced the precedent-setting sentence of a New Brunswick man who fatally shot three Mounties in 2014. CITYnews halifax \ Canadian Press Listen to this article FREDERICTON — A court has reduced the precedent-setting sentence of a New Brunswick man who fatally shot three Mounties in 2014. Justin Bourque had been sentenced to serve three consecutive life sentences for first-degree murder, meaning a 75-year wait before he could apply for parole. A Supreme Court of Canada decision last year involving the Quebec City mosque murderer struck down a law that made it possible for judges to extend parole ineligibility periods beyond 25 years for people convicted of multiple murders. Today’s decision from the Court of Appeal of New Brunswick means Bourque, who was 24 at the time of the murders, will be eligible to apply for parole after serving 25 years. The Court of Appeal says the Supreme Court ruling is “binding on us” and governs the outcome of Bourque’s appeal. It adds that all other aspects of his sentence remain unchanged. This report by The Canadian Press was first published March 2, 2023. The Canadian Press 0 comment 0 FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail admin previous post Halifax airport seeing a bounce back to pre-pandemic levels next post N.S. has so far welcomed 63 asylum seekers who entered Canada through Quebec You may also like Carney says Canada will match U.S. auto tariffs 4 أبريل، 2025 تعهدات بواليافر وسينغ وبلانشيه لمواجهة رسم ترامب 3 أبريل، 2025 كندا تردّ بالمِثل: رسوم جمركية بنسبة 25% على... 3 أبريل، 2025 رسوم ترامب تدفع ’’ستيلانتيس‘‘ لتعليق العمل أسبوعيْن في... 3 أبريل، 2025 رسوم ترامب المتبادلة على عشرات الدول: كندا نجت... 3 أبريل، 2025 Halifax only paying for demolition of fire-damaged building... 3 أبريل، 2025 The latest on Trump tariffs: Senate passes resolution... 3 أبريل، 2025 Taxpayers on the hook for demolition of Bloomfield... 3 أبريل، 2025 Religious gathering cancelled in N.S. because of fears... 3 أبريل، 2025 Driver faces multiple charges following collision in Spryfield 3 أبريل، 2025